Re: ldbm backend database corruption problem

On dim, 2004-08-15 at 14:52 +0200, wrote:
> Hi!
> We are running OpenLDAP 2.2.6 with an LDBM backend. I experience some very
> strange database corruption once in a while. This results in the
> phpLDAPAdmin front-end we are using not displaying some of the entries.
> But the entries do exist, because they are found if you search for them
> and they work fine for authenticating, etc.
>
> Usually we were able to fix the problem by stopping slapd, run slapindex
> and re-start slapd. But this does not work anymore either.

I already had this problem, and we migrate to the BDB baclend to avoid
it.But i think that it's not a good answer for you...

> As a next step I tried to make a backup copy using slapcat. But this omits
> a whole prfix' subtree. Unfortunately the most important one. So the idea
> to export, migrtate to a BDB backend (which I understand is preferable
> anyway) and reimport the user database with slapadd is also impossible.

Did you specify the database prefix with slapcat option -b or -n, to
specify wich suffix to save? if you have more than one database, slapcat
will only generate LDIF file of the first suffix declared in you're
slapd.conf.

regards

--
Arnault Teissier <roswel@assonetworx.com>