RE: Slurpd and cpu usage

--On Sunday, August 15, 2004 4:45 AM -0400 James Courtney <Jcourtney@inphonic.com> wrote:

Good point, embrace the -d option...

BTW, can slurpd be set up to log to syslog or not?

After initialization I get the following repeating over and over again at a high rate.

new work in
/apps/openldap/2.2.15/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog
copy replog
"/apps/openldap/2.2.15/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog" to
"/apps/openldap/2.2.15/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog"

Why is it copying the file to itself?!

Hm, I would guess that the log file for slapd to write to, and the log file for slurpd to write to, are the same, so they are competing with each other... The slapd output file needs to be separate from the slurpd output file.

You might try changing the location of where you put the replog with the replog command and see if that fixes it.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html