Re: My database are often corrupted.

http://www.assonetworx.com/slapd.debug.log

| After many research, i wasn't able to find a solution in my problème.
| I'm using the sid debian package of openldap.
| slapd 2.1.30, and BDB 4.2.52.
|
| regards
|
| --- db_recover outputs ----
|
| root@ulysse:/var/lib/ldap/assonetworx $db_recover -v
| db_recover: Ignoring log file: log.0000000001: unsupported log version 8
| db_recover: log_get: unable to find checkpoint record: no checkpoint
| set.
| db_recover: Ignoring log file: log.0000000001: unsupported log version 8
| db_recover: Recovery complete at Mon Dec 23 10:00:20 1935
| db_recover: Maximum transaction id 80000000 Recovery checkpoint [0][0]
|
| -------

Please add a checkpoint setting to the database section of your
slapd.conf for this bdb database.

(I suspect what is happening is that you are reaching 2GB of active
transaction log files, which seems to cause problems ...).

Also, it seems you have some transaction log files created when using an
earlier version of Berkeley DB, you should at least run db_checkpoint
before chanding Berkeley DB versions (which should flush the
transactions to the database so you can remove the transaction log file).

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Buchan Milne                      Senior Support Technician
Obsidian Systems                  http://www.obsidian.co.za
B.Eng                                RHCE (803004789010797)