Re: SLAPD denial of connections under load

--On Wednesday, August 11, 2004 8:43 PM -0400 James Courtney <Jcourtney@inphonic.com> wrote:

Better as it's own thread...

Our other problem is that under high load from the mail server we see
that Maildrop claims it cannot connect to the LDAP server.  They are on
the same system and Maildrop connects to localhost rather than going out
over the network and back.  Maildrop's ldap_simple_bind_s is returning 81
(0x51) which is defined as the constant LDAP_SERVER_DOWN.  The server has
been up for 24 hours now and is generally responsive though so this is
confusing.  Under what conditions would slapd not accept a network
connection?  Threads + backlog exceeded?

I suggest you separate the mail server from the LDAP server. The high load on the system from the mail delivery agent may be preventing slapd from responding.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer