Re: LDAP browser

> Does any one know how to make LDAPBROWSER work? I can connect as anonymous
> user
this means ur slapd server running well,
>but not as a root or any other user.
 the season maybe in both side of ur client and server.
 to check it, try:
On server side:
 1. check the slapd.conf file on ur sever and figure out wheather the "access to"  configuration right or not.
  may be like that:
   access to *
     by * read
     by * wirit
     by * auth
2 Does ur rootdn and rootpw configed well
  rootdn "cn=Manager,dc=example.com"
  rootpw  secret

On client side:
  you can connect as ur basedn="dc=example.com"
  userdn="cn=Manager,dc=example.com"
  passwd="secret"

  if u have entries in ur directory so set the entry's userPassword attirbute,
u also can login with that entry's dn as userdn and the value of userPassword and the passwd.

ps: LDAP Browser is a nice client software for ldap

Good luck!

by Johnson

15寸液晶双子星,震天雷II--D451¥2466/D353¥2399 http://design.163.com/aocmonitor/index.html