Re: Unicode?

Unrelated to my previous question... I'm trying to figure out how to get
folks "special characters" into openldap correctly.  A couple of my users
have ... I can't remember the correct word for this, but like a little '
mark above a letter in their name.  If I try to import this into LDAP,
LDAP tells me I suck and refuses to accept the entry.  =)  I just tried
to, using perl's utf8::encode, make sure the string was unicode complient
and upload it that way, but no luck.  Any suggestions?  An earlier
version of ldap seems to accept the string as is, so I'm not sure what's
going on now.

Mime Base64 encoding?

So are you telling me I'm going to have to base64 encode every freakin' line in my ldif files??? (well at least every one that could have special characters) I thought openldap was supposed to support UTF-8? Can it not support UTF-8 in a ldif file?

What is the syntax for base64 encoding?  Like lets say the line is:
cn: Daniel Henninger (and the e had an accent mark above it)
What would a corresponding base64 line look like?

I'm told our old ldap server was compiled with "8 bit character support enabled" I don't see that that exists in any newer versions. Any idea what that's all about?

Thanks!

Daniel

--
\ \\\      Daniel Henninger           http://www.vorpalcloud.org/        /// /