Re: LDAP Slowness

--On Thursday, August 05, 2004 1:03 PM -0700 Luke Miller <millerlu@integraonline.com> wrote:

LDAP Slowness on Sun E420

I am running openLDAP 2.0.27 on a Sun E420 with a single 450Mhz proc and
512MB of RAM.  When I run a big LDAP query against it, it takes 11
minutes to complete.  When it is running the CPU is pegged at 100% and I
see this when I do a truss:

I'll note that OpenLDAP 2.0.27 is deprecated and no longer supported. You should strongly examine upgrading to a recent, supported version of OpenLDAP.

As for the issue you are seeing:

What type of indexing is present? Is the database corrupt? If you turn up the debugging on slapd, what does it show?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer