Re: Building an LDAP database "for dummies"

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

At 08:19 PM 6/29/2004, Jonathan Coles wrote:

In trying to learn how to create an LDAP database, my head is spinning with all the verbiage about trees, DN, CN, DC, slapd.conf, ldap.conf and so on. Is there a simple working example with an LDIF file, slapd.conf, and ldap.conf file that could get me started?

Like in the Quick Start Guide... otherwise in the Admin Guide. But if your spinning about basics of LDAP... you best off reading up on LDAP first.

Kurt

The Quick Start Guide is part of the Admin Guide. Its configuration file example begins with replication directives, relica uri and bindmethods. That's jumping into the deep end of the pool. I need to start with a simple database with no replication, not even any security. One issue at a time, please.

I tried to simplify the example but could never get past the "No such object" error.