Re: solaris 8 client can't contact openldap server

Are you getting any errors relating to LDAP in /var/log/syslog or
/var/adm/messages?    What about /var/ldap/cachemgr.log.

Also, you may have better luck with the pam_ldap & nss_ldap modules
from http://www.padl.com.  I chose to use them because they are alot
easier to setup than the solaris ldapclient and I can use the same PAM
modules on my linux boxes as well.

This is the steps I was required to make to compile on Solaris
9..your's will probably be similar.

cd src dir
./configure --with-ldap-lib=openldap
mkdir pam_ldap/.deps
- edit makefile and remove the following lines
	DEPS_MAGIC := $(shell mkdir .deps > /dev/null 2>&1 || :)
	 -include $(DEP_FILES)
- edit makefile and remove "-B group"
- make
- make install

Edit /etc/ldap.conf to your liking.  This is only for the PAM stuff.