ldapdb and postfix

Hi

I'm currently setting up mail server on openbsd 3.5 using postfix 2.1.3, maildrop 1.5.3, courier-imap, cyrus-sasl 2.1.18 with ldapdb and openldap. I've initially tried to get smtp auth working using using openldap 2.2.13 but had no success in getting communication between postfix's smtpd and slapd using ldapdb. I've now seen a couple of archived posts that suggest that using openldap 2.1.30 is the best way to get the postfix/ldapdb combination working. Is this information still correct or should I stick with 2.2.x?

cheers
Paul