Re: additional info: objectclass: value #1 invalid per syntax

Hello!

> At 06:35 AM 6/22/2004, Mario Ohnewald wrote:
> >Hello List!
> >
> >But i get the error:
> ># ldapadd -D "cn=manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com" -W -x  -f people.ldif
> >Enter LDAP Password:
> >adding new entry "cn=staff, ou=groups, dc=my-domain, dc=com"
> >ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
> >        additional info: objectclass: value #1 invalid per syntax
> >
> >Is there a way to find out which syntax causes the problem?
>
> You can read the schema def'ns.
>
> >The debus mode was not too helpful.
> >
> >I guess i have some objectclasses here which are not defined in my schema
> >file. But thats just a guess.
>
> I suggest you see the FAQ for common reasons why this error
> is returned.  http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=648

- No tailing spaces
- utf-8 is ok
- it's not an empty value i want to insert here

Right now i only include the core.schema.
In there my
# attributetype ( 2.5.4.0 NAME 'objectClass'
is commented out.

Is that the reason for my "ldap_add: Invalid syntax (21)
        additional info: objectclass: value #1 invalid per syntax"
error?

Thanks, Mario