Re: [slurpd] problem

--On Tuesday, June 22, 2004 3:31 PM +0200 boka <boka@sto-procent.art.pl> wrote:

Hi !

I have made some tests to see is my replication is working. It is working
:)

But also i would like to know when replicaction will have some problems.

I have read that in /var/lib/ldap/openldap-slurpd/ (default) directory
there should be files *.rej when some problem with replication occures.

So i switched off some slave and add some datas to master ldap tree - no
files (*.rej) were created - on whole fs.

My conf:

openldap-2.0.27 on master and slave

ps. sorry for my poor english

Hi Boka,

First, OpenLDAP 2.0 is deprecated (no longer supported). You should look at upgrading to a current version of OpenLDAP (2.2.13 or later).

Second, slurpd only creates .rej files if the slave rejects a change. If the slave is down, slurpd will simply keep adding the changes to its replog file. What you can do in this case, is monitor the size of the slurpd replog file, and then send out an alert when it grows to be above a certain size.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer