Re: slapd crashes (ldap 2.1.30, db 4.1.25)

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

|>Hello.  We just moved our production LDAP server to OpenLDAP, after lots
|>of good results running in limited tests.
|>
|>*Something* is crashing slapd.  I don't know what.  Nothing's logged,
|>and core isn't dumped.  I will submit an ITS if I can figure out what's
|>going on.
|>
|>Our setup:
|>~  Red Hat Workstation 3.0 w/ 2 CPUS ( + SMP ) and 2 Gb RAM
|>
|>~  o=WFU,c=US
|>~    is an LDAP backend
|>~    "suffixmassage" translating to "ou=Users,dc=wfu,dc=edu"
|

| did you use --enable-rewrite? i.e. are you using the specific rewrite
| library or the naive string replace?  This may be one point.  I remember
| that recently there was a similar issue with 2.2, which apparently didn't
| touch 2.1 but in case... moreover, are you using attribute mapping in
| back-ldap?  Any other special feature you're using?
[snip]

We've got a SPEC file that we use to build:

%configure \
~         --with-tls \
~         --with-cyrus-sasl \
~         \
~         --enable-crypt \
~         \
~         --enable-ldap \
~         --libexecdir=%{_sbindir} \
~         --localstatedir=/%{_var}/run

You told me in
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200403/msg00700.html
that I could either go with >2.1.27 or recompile with --enable-rewrite.
~  If I should add "--enable-rewrite", I will.

Here's the o=WFU,c=US section, in case it helps:

# the 'fake' database, for legacy clients
database        ldap
suffix          "o=WFU,c=US"
uri             ldap://localhost
suffixmassage   o=WFU,c=US      ou=Users,dc=wfu,dc=edu

Thanks, John - -- ~ John Borwick | work 336 758 2507 ~ Systems Administrator | cell 336 391 6623 ~ Wake Forest University | web http://www.wfu.edu/~borwicjh ~ Winston-Salem, NC, USA | GPG key ID 56D60872