Re: Naming Violation (64) when I create a new objectClass

At 09:02 AM 6/15/2004, FRERY Anthony wrote:
>I want to create a new Class (or use one who exist) with only one
>attribute. I try to create an object class but it doesn't work :
>
>ldapadd: update failed: ul=1, ou=Bureau de l'union des
>ASPTT,ou=structure, dc=asptt, dc=com
>ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
>        additional info: value of naming attribute 'ul' is not present
>in entry
>
>I don't understand this error because I have define the class
>personLinkAsptt :
>personLinkAsptt.schema :
>attributeType ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.666.1.114
>        NAME ( 'ul' )
>        DESC 'Identifiant de l utilisateur'
>        SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 )

The attribute type has no equality matching rule, hence
the AVA ul=1 is Undefined.  That is, the server cannot
determine whether or not the value is present.  Given
that more precise information was not provided, as
implemented in latest stable, I assume you using an
older version of OpenLDAP.  If so, you should consider
updating to the latest stable.

Kurt