Re: Invalid Structural Object Class Chain (account/person)

Hi,

On Thursday 10 June 2004 16:24, Paul Thomas wrote:
> I'm attempting to populate our LDAP database and I plan on using it for
> both authorization and as a corporate address book.  When I attempt to
> import the LDIF file I get the following.
>
> ldapadd -a -W -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=anc.net,dc=anci" -f pwthoma.ldif
> Enter LDAP Password:
> adding new entry "uid=A0971217/-2663,ou=People,dc=anc.net,dc=anci"
> ldapadd: update failed: uid=A0971217/-2663,ou=People,dc=anc.net,dc=anci
> ldap_add: Object class violation (65)
> additional info: invalid structural object class chain (account/person)
>
> Now, I understand that the problem is that I've got the following in my
> LDIF file but what I don't know is what the preferred method of addressing
> this is.  I don't think modifying the account or person objectclass in
> their schema is ideal in this case as I'm sure they are defined that way
> for a reason.  I would, however, prefer to keep all this in the same ou
> (ou=People,dc=anc.net,dc=anci)

The correct way to resolve this problem is to get yourself an official OID
and create your own private objectclass that inherits from both person and
account.
Better yet: make it inherit from inetOrgPerson and account.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de