Re: scaling openldap for performance...sugegstions for new tests???

Hello Quanah,

 Ideally i would be looking at scaling openldap to 50
million entries. That should commence once we have
some reliable numbers for the one-ten million tests.

 For any set of tests is there a way of arriving the
at the amount of Cache_DB memory required assuming
that we know the number of records and its size.

 If say 200 isn't good enough how about 400. One a 1GB
Blade, thats the best i can spare..:D.

Trevor

--- Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> --On Tuesday, June 08, 2004 7:37 PM -0700 Trevor
> Warren
> <trevorwarren@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Fellas,
> >
> >  My tests were delayed yesterday due to some jboss
> > benchmarks. Am gonna be working on openldap back
> again
> > today.
> >
> >  Am gonna be pounding the system with
> 20/50/100/200
> > suers and Zero Think Time. Also the DB_config will
> eb
> > configured for 200MB cache and log cache as 2MB.
> > slapd.conf will consist of a 10K entry cache.
> Openldap
> > 2.2.12 and DB with patches will be used for the
> System
> > Under Test(SUT).
> >
> >  Lemme know if there are any other suggestions
> please.
>
> I suggest a larger DB cache. 200MB is not
> particularly large.
>
> --Quanah
>
> --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Developer
> ITSS/Shared Services
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key:
http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html

=====
|  \) /    Scaling FLOSS in the Enterprise   \ (/ |
|_|_  \        trevorwarren@yahoo.com        / _|_|