Re: Charset problems in Outlook 2002

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

I use UTF8 charset in my OpenLdap. All I want to do is to make it work
together with MS Outlook 2002. The problem is that MS Outlook does not
make any conversion and displays data as UTF8 so non-ascii letters look
very weird.

Does anybody has his MS Outlook work correctly with OpenLdap as far as
non-ascii letters are concerned?

I would suggest contacting Microsoft and letting them know that their product is deficient (although this doesn't seem to have affected their general strategy in other areas).

AFAIK Outlook works just fine. But it distinguishes whether bound to the LDAP server with LDAPv3 using UTF-8 or LDAPv2 using T.61.

Ciao, Michael.