Re: slapindex question (was slapcat question)

--On Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:32 PM -0500 "Tibbetts, Ric" <ric.tibbetts@ngc.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, February 17, 2004 9:24 AM -0500 "Tibbetts, Ric"
<ric.tibbetts@ngc.com> wrote:

slow. My appologies for not being clearer on that issue earlier.
So I am left to assume that slapadd does not handle indexing?

slapadd always creates indexes for me.... What slapd.conf did you tell
slapadd to use?  What options did you have in your DB_CONFIG file?
Did you inadvertently turn indexing off while doing the slapadd? Did
your slapd.conf not have any indexes defined in it at the time you did
the slapadd?

I didn't specify a slapd.conf to slapadd. I "assumed" that it would use
the defautl. And in all other respects, the behaviour bore that out, as
it created the database in the appropriate location. My slapd.conf does
have the appropriate indexes defined in it. I was surprised that running
slapindex had such a large affect on the performance.

Knowing the DB_CONFIG bits might be useful. I never specifically indicate the slapd.conf either, but since you are having odd results, I thought I'd ask. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer