Re: Openlap and BDB updates: update question

Hi,

On Saturday 07 February 2004 22:47, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> lør, 07.02.2004 kl. 18.34 skrev Peter Marschall:
> > So the changed linking behaviour may ineed be a leftover .la file.
>
> It definitely isn't "left over" after the BDB install. It's there on
> purpose and even sought after by Openldap, according to Kurt:

It may now be there on purpose but maybe it wasn't with 4.1 ?
(Please note the question mark)

My interpretation of Kurt's post with te .la files was "If they are there they
are used in the OpenLDAP build process".

> However, as I posted, a single './configure' parameter is enough to make
> the compile choose DSOs instead.

I know, my OpenLDAP is compiled this way.
(--enable-dynamic has been available for a long time)

As a side note:
I am feeling a bit offended by your post which I consider quite harsh.
I only tried to give a possible explanation why BDB might be linked statically
into slapd. I never claimed that it is the only possible cause.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de