Re: daemon: getaddrinfo failed: invalid flags

Hi,

On Friday 30 January 2004 15:25, Mike O'Rourke wrote:
> IIRC, when I compiled 2.1.24 on Solaris 9, I needed to change slightly
> servers/slapd/daemon.c to pass a corrected "hints" structure. A patch is
> attached for this. I can not recall exactly at which point mine failed
> during compile or testing, but I _think_ it was during testing like
> yours. In the patch, I moved the ai_socktype down one line to line up
> with Sun's definition of hints -- just my own anal-retentive preference,
> but the added ai_protocol is necessary!

Changing the order of setting these structure elements are set should not
affect the result.

Explicitely having to set ai_protocol to 0 after having set the whole
structure to \0 is really interesting. Don't Sun systems encode the integer 0
as a sequence of \0 bytes ?

Peter

--
Peter Marschall