SAMBA and LDAP (and PAM?)

Hi all,

I know there is a lot of docs on the subject of PDC+Samba+LDAP, but what I'm trying to do is just simple user authentication of a samba server against an openldap server...the Windows clients that would access the samba shares are either standalone or part of a domain not within the scope of the samba and ldap servers. Is this possible without having to add the samba.schema (or otherwise muck with the existing ldap server config)? Can a samba->pam->ldap scheme be used?

Thanks,

Philip Juels
pjuels@rics.bwh.harvard.edu