Re: Unable to use OpenLDAP with BDB in Solaris.

--On Wednesday, January 28, 2004 3:42 PM +0100 Anibal Caceres Hernando <anibal.caceres@ericsson.com> wrote:

    Hi,
    I'm using Solaris 8, and I've without problems BDB 4.2.52 and
OpenLDAP 2.1.25, but when I try to start the slapd process, I've the
following as response:

slapd startup: initiated.
bdb_db_open: o=company
bdb_db_open:
dbenv_open(/vobs/hes/hes_code/software/OpenLDAP/mms1-database)
bdb(o=company): mmap: Resource temporarily unavailable
bdb_db_open: dbenv_open failed: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)
backend_startup: bi_db_open(0) failed! (11)
slapd shutdown: initiated
====> bdb_cache_release_all
slapd shutdown: freeing system resources.
bdb(o=company): txn_checkpoint interface requires an environment
configured for the transaction subsystem
bdb_db_destroy: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22)
====> bdb_cache_release_all
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

    Apparently there's a problem opening the BDB database, but something
has been created in the database directory
(/vobs/hes/hes_code/software/OpenLDAP/mms1-database):

 >ls -l mms1-database/
total 16
-rw-------   1 eceacah  ERDSP001_ECC    8192 Jan 28 15:27 __db.001

    I've done the same in a Linux machine without problems. If anybody
can help me about this I'll be really grateful.
    Thank you very much.
    Kind regards,

Hello,

You need to create a database before starting slapd, usually done using the slapadd command on an ldif file.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html