Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 2:48 PM
Subject: OpenLDAP and Services for UNIX 3.5

Has anybody tried to (and successfully) compile and run openldap on a SFU for windows 3.5 installation?

I am using Openldap-2.0.27, and the configuration script ran without errors (after setting $CC to gcc first). The make procedure
halted though, because it seemed that SFU did not implement the initgroups() function from the 'grp.h' header file. I tried to
#ifndef the section of code that uses this, and after that the make finished without a hitch. slapd also started without problems, but errors
started to occur when adding/retrieving data from the directory. the debug trace of the daemon includes:

ber_get_next on fd 7 failed errno=11 (Resource temporarily unavailable)

and the ldapadd tool returns an "Operations Error" message. The web page i constructed that uses php to access ldap connects
to the directory without problems. The problem most likely'd be caused by the #ifndef'ng of the lines, but my research points out that
errno=11 pertains to a problem with the sockets .... any thoughts?

here is the code section from /servers/user.c I #ifndef'd:

#ifndef __INTERIX
    if ( user ) {
        if ( getuid() == 0 && initgroups( user, gid ) != 0 ) {
            Debug( LDAP_DEBUG_ANY,
                   "Could not set the group access (gid) list\n", 0, 0, 0 );
            exit( EXIT_FAILURE );
        }
        free( user );
    }