RE: sasl UID mapping

--On Sunday, January 25, 2004 10:15 PM +0000 Paul Jakma <paul@clubi.ie> wrote:

Hi Quanah,

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

Paul,

I'm going to give you a helping hand. :)

Actually, I was already using some of your other posts to the lists as reference (well, perhaps not yours, but definitely from stanford.edu). :)

Most likely me then. ;)

Here's the beginning of our ACL file that allows this to happen without
given read access:

# $Id: slapd.acl,v 1.124 2003/12/18 03:16:42 quanah Exp $
# ACL include file for slapd
#

access to dn.base=""
       by * read

ok, had this.

access to dn.base="cn=monitor"
       by * read

What is this for?

We enable the monitor backend (see back-monitor)

access to *
       by group.base="cn=ldapAdmin,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu"
sasl_ssf=56 read
       by * break

Woudlnt this then prevent group.base="cn=ldapAdmin,cn=Applications,dc=stanford,dc=edu" gainning any other permissions, eg write? Or do you have other more specific ACLs previous to this ACL?

Yes, ldapAdmin is different than Supervisor. Supervisor has write, ldapadmin has read. ;)

Supervisor is a small subset of ldapAdmin.

access to attrs=krb5PrincipalName,member,suseasstatus
       by anonymous compare
       by * break

This i have.

Note that I doubt you need suseasstatus, since that is our own custom attribute. ;) Also, krb5PrincipalName only applies if you are using the krb5 schema from PADL (part of the CVS checkout from OpenLDAP, but not included in distributions. Stanford has patched it some to bring it up to date with current OpenLDAP releases, but that is not committed back into the OpenLDAP tree.

access to attrs=entry
       by * read

--Quanah

Thanks!