PROXY CACHE ENGINE: Query not chacheable

Title: Message
Dear All,

somebody knows about a definition what should be "cacheable" and what not ?
I am trying to sort it out using the Administrator's guide and the test shipped with OpenLDAP. BTW the tests suceeded, therefore the sw should do what it's supposed to do. Anyway my tests doesn't work.

I'm trying to proxy objects from the type organizationalPerson.
here's a snippet of my config file:

proxyAttrset 0 sn uid givenName cn
proxyTemplate (sn=) 0 3600
proxyTemplate (&(sn=)(givenName=)) 0 3600

searching here I get
QUERY NOT ANSWERABLE
QUERY NOT CACHEABLE

Reducing the proxyAttrset to one attribute, the first time the entry seems to be added to the cache DB ( The log however says null_callback : error code 0x32 ). The next time I make the same query, seems that the proxy looks up only its cache, the LDAP server the proxy is using does not get contacted at all, but the query does not deliver any result ( as before ). The log file notes: Resource temporarily unavailable.

( I'm using SUSE 8.1 with BerkeleyDB 4.2 and bdb backend. )

Thanx a bunch
Reinhard