Re: Redhat 9 problems

Thx for the reply, I've now deleted the xinetd script and things appear to work (better). I can query using command line seeing entries for Org and Manager however from a seperate machine using Mozilla I gwt NO entries back. BUT when looking at incoming requests using netstat it appears the external machine where Mozilla is running is setting up a connection to 389.

Hhmmm, what have I done wrong or am overlooking?

/c

Medievalist wrote:

If you have iptables running it's probably blocking your LDAP port. For a test, you could do

service iptables stop

and see if OpenLDAP works then. Be aware that you are taking down your firewall when you do this, though - if you are on an unsecured network you will want to be careful that you have insecure services (like samba) turned off first.

xinetd is not used to invoke ldap; the ldap daemons run standalone. If it's up and running, you can see the daemons with ps -aef (look for slapd instances).

--Charlie