Re: Unconsumed replog causes slapd to shoot to 100% cpu?

--On Friday, January 23, 2004 9:24 PM -0800 Jeff Leung <jeffleung@mac.com> wrote:

I don't believe slurpd was shut down, but maybe it just died or got hung
on its own (hard to tell since it either was no longer running or was not
responding to SIGTERM when the load was noticeably high).

Are you sure that slurpd will continue to consume the replog if it has no
replicas to write to? If so, then where does that data go? Is it just lost
(because that isn't the behavior we're looking for, since we can't
guarantee that a replica will always be up)?

Slurpd takes slapd's replog, and writes that same data to its own replog in a different directory, that you supply in slapd.conf.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html