Re: newbie: Naming violation (64)

>>> Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@realss.com> 01/21/04 07:55am >>>
Hello. I'm using FreeBSD 5.2 + openldap 2.1.23.

I am following the tutorial on
http://www.sbfsbo.com/mike/OpenldapTutorial/ Now I have the problem

thinkpad# ldapsearch -x -LL -b '' -s base '(objectclass=*)'
namingContexts
version: 1

dn:
namingContexts: dc=realss,dc=com
thinkpad# ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=realss,dc=com" -W -f
ldif00.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=realss,dc=com"
ldapadd: update failed: dc=realss,dc=com
ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
        additional info: value of naming attribute 'dc' is not present

in entry

To be honest, I don't know what the error message mean.

In this email I attached my sladp.conf and the ldif00.ldif. If not
sufficient please tell me what other information should I provide.

Thank you. I'd really appreciate your help.

Hi Zhang,

If your DN is "dc=realss,dc=com", your ldif entry MUST have an
attribute of "dc: realss". This holds true for any DN -- the first part
MUST have a corresponding attribute with the same value.

Mike.