Re: Slaves taking up 100% cpu

--On Tuesday, January 20, 2004 4:24 PM +0100 Tony Earnshaw <tonye@billy.demon.nl> wrote:

tir, 20.01.2004 kl. 11.53 skrev Buchan Milne:

Hmm, I would like to point out that this is not obvious. Previously,
SuSE was criticised for shipping 2.1.22, but at the time SuSE 9 (and
Mandrake 9.2 for that matter) shipped, 2.1.22 was shown on the openldap
site as being the current stable release.

There is *no* stable release of Openldap software. As soon as a release
has been proved as being stable, it is then judged (Quanah ;) as being
no longer supported (me, I'm an experimental person, so what the heck?
There's money to be earned on it).

Tonni,

Good points. ;) Although I don't mark other releases as necessarily being unsupported (we are currently running 2.1.23 in production, as I've not seen anything that really forces me to move forward at this point), but I do happen to know from *experience* that 2.1.22 had some major issues. ;) And, in general, if someone writes to the list noting that things aren't working for them, and it is an older release that has had a number of bugs fixed since its release, do I want to spend a lot of time tracking down their issue, when it could well be that simply upgrading would fix it? ;) (other than obvious errors like bad LDIF files, which definitely won't be fixed by upgrading. ;) ).

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer