Re: invalid credentials

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 at 4:46pm, Thomas Browner wrote:

> Can some one tell me way I am getting this error after I ran the
> following command: ldapadd -x -h localhost -D "cn=manager, dc=org" -f
> base.ldif -W
>
> Error:
>
> Ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Thomas,
  There a couple of posibilities I can think of:

1) You typed the password incorrectly
2) cn=manager,dc=org is not the rootdn and doesn't have the authority
according to the ACL's to add the dn's in your base.ldif file, or just
plain doesn't exist in your DIT anywhere

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===