Re: be slave ldap server

Hello sonjaya

There is not much work on on the slave server:
(as mentioned in http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin22/replication.html)

- Make a one-shot-copy of the tree you want to replicate to the slave

- define an DN with write permissions on the attributes to distribute from
  the master

- set the updatedn directive to that DN

Now you have to propagate the changes on the win-nt ldap-server to the
slapd-replica over the ldap-interface.

Don't ask me about the mechanism your win-nt server offers...

Note: It's only one way replication.

bye,
Stefan

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 sonjaya@stud.che.itb.ac.id wrote:

> dear all
>
>  i have ready one ldap server running in winnt 4 + exchange + pdc , and i
> just install new linux server will running ldap(openldap ) , my question
> how i must set my ldap server ( openldap) be slave from ldap winnt ,or
> how replication openldap.
> illustration
>
>     wint-nt (pdc +exchange) -------- openldap
>            |                             |
>            |                             |
>      Microsoft User                  Linux User
>
> also my plan is will use openldap for user authenthic proxy and email to.
> thank's
> my regard
> sonjaya

                                   Uni-GH PB Informatik Rechnerbetreuung