From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org [mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Eric.Sammons@frit.frb.org
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 7:38 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Problem adding a user to multiple groups

I have set up ldap authentication in my Linux environment.  All seems to be working as well as expected; however, I am now trying to assign a user to another group.  I see that the attribute gidNumber is not a multi-value attribute for a given user (uid=user,ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain).  I do see that memberUid is a multi-value attribute for a given group (cn=wheel,ou=Group,dc=my,dc=domain).  Having added a uid to this memberUid attribute it seems to have no impact on the given user?  I am using the actual numeric uid, is this correct?

Thanks!
Eric Sammons
(804)697-3925
FRIT - Unix Systems