Compile openldap-2.0.25 on RedHat 9.0

Hello,

I hope someone can shed some light on my problem.  I have been trying to get the configure to work for a few days now and I am now stuck.  It is prob something easy that I am just missing.

I am getting the following error message during the configure:

checking for db.h... yes
checking for Berkeley DB link (default)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb4)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb3)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb2)... no
checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb1)... no
checking for MDBM library... checking for mdbm_set_chain... no
checking for mdbm_set_chain in -lmdbm... no
no
checking for mdbm.h... no
checking for db... no
checking for GDBM library... checking for gdbm_open... no
checking for gdbm_open in -lgdbm... no
no
checking for gdbm.h... no
checking for db... no
configure: warning: could not find suitable LDBM backend
configure: error: select appropriate LDBM options or disable

The config.log does not tell me anything helpful, and my configure is as follows:

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/include -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/include/openssl" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/lib -L/usr/lib -L/lib" ./configure --enable-wrappers --disable-slurpd --without-cyrus-sasl --with-tls

I have created symlinks from the /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/include to /usr/include and /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.2/lib to /usr/lib, and still nothing.  I have found different things on a google search, but nothing is working right now.

Thanks,

Keith