RE: sasl UID mapping

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, Howard Chu wrote:

> Indeed. Most people have problems doing much of anything with
> RedHat's bundled OpenLDAP. It's obsolete, throw it away.

Well, the box is running RH7.3, in itself quite obsolete. I guess
i'll have to dist-upgrade to Fedora which has 2.1.22-8.

> What OpenLDAP 2.0 documentation did you read that told you to do
> this?

2.1 Documentation :)

> sasl-regexp is not part of OpenLDAP 2.0, it was introduced in
> OpenLDAP 2.1. There is no SASL id mapping in 2.0. If you actually
> read the documentation that was included in your distro you'd
> notice it is conspicuously absent.

Ah. That would explain it. Thank you :)

>   -- Howard Chu
>   Chief Architect, Symas Corp.       Director, Highland Sun

regards,
--
Paul Jakma	paul@clubi.ie	paul@jakma.org	Key ID: 64A2FF6A
	warning: do not ever send email to spam@dishone.st