RE: OpenLDAP MinGW Build: select() required

Thanks for your help Howard...I really appreciate it.  I've set an
additional lib dir via the LDFLAGS environment variable, and I've set the
LIBS environment variable to LIBS=-WS2_32.Lib, and after running configure
again, here's what I'm seeing:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mingw --host=i686-pc-mingw32
Copyright 1998-2003 The OpenLDAP Foundation. All rights reserved.
        Restrictions apply, see COPYRIGHT and LICENSE files.
Configuring OpenLDAP 2.2.4-Release ...
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking target system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gnutar... no
checking for gtar... no
checking for tar... tar
checking configure arguments... done
checking for ar... ar
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... yes
checking for EMX OS/2 environment... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mgcc -E
checking for gcc... mgcc
checking whether the C compiler (mgcc  -I/usr/local/mingw/include
-L/usr/local/mingw/lib -L/cygdrive/d/Development/OpenLDAP/builds/3/Vc7Lib)
 works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.