Re: Problem building openldap

--On Thursday, January 08, 2004 8:05 PM +0100 Dieter Kluenter <dieter@dkluenter.de> wrote:

Hi,

"North, Walter" <wnorth@state.mt.us> writes:

A while back I posted a problem I was/am having building openldap.
I received a couple suggestions but they did me no good.
(thanks anyway for trying)

So, I'll try again with more info.

After consulting the openldap FAQ for hints, and the other parts as well,
I run into a problem.

I want to use openldap along with samba so I need to put in kerberos,
berkeley db and sasl.

I have an AIX rs6000 running v5.2
	(which could possibly be my problem, AIX that is)
gcc v3.3.1 is the compiler
make 3.79.1 is make

kerberos5 1.3.1 installs ok.
Berkeley DB v4.2.52 installs ok
SASL 2.1.15 seems to be happily installed

Walter,

I'll note that there are serious issues with MIT KRB5 and running OpenLDAP servers due to threading issues in MIT Kerberos. It is generally better to use Heimdal 0.6 (or later) with OpenLDAP and its servers.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer