Re: slapd not using secure port.

Jason C. Leach writes:
> I'm trying to get OpenLDAP working with SSL. I think I have everythin in
> place on the server, but it is not listening on it's secure port (636).

Sure you don't mean TLS (Transport Layer Security)?  That's the
recommended way.  It's basically the same protocol as SSL, except LDAP
clients initiate TLS by sending a special request on the normal LDAP
connection.  This request causes further communication on that
connection to be done securely.

If you want the server to use SSL instead of or in addition to TLS,
start slapd with:

   slapd  -h 'ldap:/// ldaps:///'

which makes it listen on both the standard LDAP port (ldap:///)
and the SSL port (ldaps:///).

--
Hallvard