Re: "namin attribute 'cn' is not present in entry' problen -can it be solved?

I believe that you got this error because you use 'cn' as the relative distinguished name of the entry (e.g. cn=francois,dc=toto,dc=com), but you does'nt give the value of cn in the attributes list
just add a line for cn and it will be ok

Don't Change The Schema

(moreover it will not be very usefull, you can't use cn as the RDN if cn is not in the attributes of the class)

regards,
François

john paul a écrit :

Hello ,
when using the (good old) 2.0 openldap ,
I created objects which did not had the 'cn' attribute.
Now I had tried to test  2.1.25 openldap.
When I try to create objects which did not had the 'cn' attribute
I get the  LDAP Exception with the follwoing error message:
"naming attribute 'cn' is not present in entry"

(LDAP Exception 64).

Is there a way (like in a change in the schemas)
in which I can create objects in
the new openldap (2.1.25) without
the 'cn' attribute as I did in the 2.0.* openldap?

regards,
john