Re: I can't find country in the any of the classes

Nick wrote:

All,

This is probably a little off subject, but I thought it would be a quick
answer for someone. I am entering data from our project address book
(currently an HTML file) into LDAP. At the moment I am using Evolution
to see if the mail client works.

In Evolutions contact editor there is an address tab. and It has the
following entries.

Address
Address2
City
State/Province
P.O. Box
Zip Code
Country

I can't seem to find anything in any of the classes (referencing the
appendix in the OReilly book) that would match to country and I actually need this if possible.

This got me thinking that there must be an RFC that dictates which LDAP
fields should be used in email. Unfortunately a Google search turned up
too much information on either mail or LDAP to be useful.

Can someone tell me the RFC that spells this out and/or indicate what
field one uses for Country?

Thanks.

In core.schema you can find an attribute definifion for country:

attributetype ( 2.5.4.6 NAME ( 'c' 'countryName' )
      DESC 'RFC2256: ISO-3166 country 2-letter code'
      SUP name SINGLE-VALUE )

in Cosine.schema:
# 9.3.33.  Friendly Country Name
#
#  The Friendly Country Name attribute type specifies names of countries
#  in human readable format.  The standard attribute country name must
#  be one of the two-letter codes defined in ISO 3166.
#
#    friendlyCountryName ATTRIBUTE
#        WITH ATTRIBUTE-SYNTAX
#            caseIgnoreStringSyntax
#    ::= {pilotAttributeType 43}
#
attributetype ( 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.43
      NAME ( 'co' 'friendlyCountryName' )
      DESC 'RFC1274: friendly country name'
      EQUALITY caseIgnoreMatch
      SUBSTR caseIgnoreSubstringsMatch
      SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.15 )

You can use an existing objectClass or you can create a new one.

Is this what you where looking for?

Bye

David Morón Ruano.