Re: 4.2.2

--On Sunday, January 04, 2004 10:18 AM -0500 Allan E Johannesen <aej@WPI.EDU> wrote:

I've tried to migrate to 4.2.2.  Simple tests seemed to work.  However,
4.2.2 fails on this same BerkeleyDB 4.2.52 database, whereas 4.1.25
works.

Does anyone know if this is a bug, or if I need to change the data
somehow?

Allan,

Did you slapcat your database from 4.1.x, then install 4.2.2, and then slapadd your DB back in? The internal format that Openldap 4.2.2 uses with BDB is not the same as 4.1.x uses, so you *MUST* slapcat/slapadd the db when migrating between the two versions.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer