Re: Questions about back-sql

> There are several posts that consider using multiclassing with back-sql.
> But I cannot find any answer to this topic.
> Does anybody use this successfully? Some examples?

Depends on what you mean by "successfully".  Multiclassing is required
in order to meet schema and data-model rules,  but searching for the
entry by an "additional" objectclass will NOT work.

> I would very appreciate any information regarding this topic.
>  >The manpage talks about making use of the ldap_entry_objclasses
>  >table in order to add additional objectClass attributes to each entry
>  >as desired.  I've tried to do this (my default objectClass is
>  >inetOrgPerson, and I've added a couple of objectClasses including
>  >person and organizationalPerson) but, although the extra objectClass
>  >attributes are included with a given entry returned by ldapsearch, I
>  >am unable to filter on the extra attributes as the documentation
>  >seems to suggest is possible.  Is there some way to rectify this?

You could add this to back-sql, if your a C programmer.  Short of that I
think the answer is no.

As an example from using my OpenGroupware/back-sql recipe -

[awilliam@estate2 awilliam]$ ldapsearch -x -b
"ou=Opengroupware,ou=Subsystems,dc=estate2,dc=whitemice,dc=org"
objectclass=account
dn:
uid=awilliam,ou=Accounts,ou=OpenGroupware,ou=Subsystems,dc=estate2,dc=whitemice,dc=org
objectClass: top
objectClass: opengroupwareentity
objectClass: account
uid: awilliam
opengroupwareid: 10230
seeAlso:
opengroupwareid=10100,ou=Contacts,ou=OpenGroupware,ou=Subsystems,dc=estate2,dc=whitemice,dc=org
[awilliam@estate2 awilliam]$ ldapsearch -x -b
"ou=Opengroupware,ou=Subsystems,dc=estate2,dc=whitemice,dc=org"
objectclass=opengroupwareentity
# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success