Re: 2.1.23 w/ StartTLS not authenticating Courier-IMAP

Hello, Tony. Thanks for this. I had also begun to suspect the problem was not entirely
with openldap, since I also did not see any obvious errors. After ruling out openldap, I
focused on the courier-imap configs, and after some trial and error, I figured out the
problem.

FYI, it turns out the "LDAP_MAIL" setting in the authldaprc file for Courier-IMAP's
authdaemond program needs to be set to the effective username of the LDAP entry, *not* the
FQDN email address, as I'd thought (so just 'adamtheo' instead of
'adamtheo@new.theoretic.com'). Since the default value for this setting was the LDAP
'mail' attribute, and I had my 'mail' attribute set to the FQDN email addy for the entry,
Courier-IMAP was rejecting all connections to this user. I decided to keep the LDAP
attribute of 'mail' as the FQDN email addy since this is what I've seen it used in all
LDAP docs, and changed the LDAP_MAIL setting of authldaprc to 'uid', instead.

It works now. Thanks anyway. At least this assured me the problem was not with openldap,
and forced me to mess around with Courier-IMAP.