Re: LDBM or BDB ?

Kent L. Nasveschuk wrote:

Can anyone give me some reasons to switch from ldbm to Berkeley bdb for
LDAP backend? I had such problems getting LDAP to compile with BDB that
I gave up on it until recently. Now I don't know if it is worth the
effort to recompile all databases to BDB or leave as is. I have roughly
2000 accounts 3 slave LDAP directories and 1 master. These are used
primarily for Samba authentication.

I recommend you stay a while with ldbm; samba wrotes very few in the ldap, so the ldbm may be OK (we have about +29.000 accounts and runs as a charm).
The DBD requires a careful tunning, and may be a pain if you don't have some experience (look the list :).

Ignacio

Ignacio Coupeau, Ph.D.     icoupeau@unav.es
CTI, Director              icoupeau@alumni.unav.es
University of Navarra      icoupeau@ieee.org