Re: Problems with openldap-2.1.22 slowing down over time.

I am using bdb for the backend. I used to have something in my db_config file but it seems I deleted it with the other database files when I reloaded my database. I believe I had set the cachesize to 64MB or so but no other changes.

I wonder if the kernel is placing memory size limitations on the process or something like that.

I'll play with it more this week and see if I can figure out what the fix is.

Thanks for the help,

schu

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

What would be useful to know here is what your DB backend is. I'm guessing BDB, and if that is the case, then you need to look at the many messages archived on this list about how to correctly set up BDB.

Don't control-c slapindex. Personally, if you are using BDB, and have less than 3 drives, or can't use a memory in place of one of those drives, it is almost always faster to slapcat/slapadd then to slapindex.

--Quanah