Re: slapd ACLs: user password change, by self write not working as expected

I resolved my own problem. I feel incredibly stupid. I just realized that my
/etc/init.d/slapd script (debian) doesn't actually work when stopping or
restarting slapd:

# /etc/init.d/slapd stop
# /etc/init.d/slapd restart

both DO NOT work as expected. I found something related in burried debian bug
report which gave me enough incentive to check if a similar thing was happening
to me: it was.

This explains why setting 'loglevel 128' wasn't producing any results either.

Once I actually did a 'killall /usr/sbin/slapd' and precisely made sure that
slapd was down (ps aux | grep slapd) then started it up again, everything
worked
as expected.

I am truely sorry for wasting everyone's time.

--
cense