Re: bdb bad performance again (really need help)

I hope you can find this helpful!

Went straight into my "HOWTO Openldap" folder ;)

This would rather tend to support what Quanah (and others?) suggest as performance enhancer - in their case, running the DB on a separate disk/array. In both cases, it's a question of access speed per read or read-write.

With your in-memory approach, all the developers now have to do, is design a write-to-block approach à la data mining, rather than BDB.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Do not CC me or your mail will probably be rejected.
I don't like this, either. Blame it on Swen and a slow
Internet connection.

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: billy-at-billy.demon.nl