Problem Starting with service ldap (redhat 9)

Problem starting with service ldap (redhat)

I have RH9 installed and the RH9 openldap binary RPMs (openldap-xxx-2.0.27-8);
when I'm starting the openldapserver with the startscript
(service ldap start) an ldapsearch or an ldapadd is not working
(not found).
When I start the server with /usr/sbin/slapd then ldapsearch and ldapadd
are working correctly.

for example:
  service ldap start:

  ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=borg-ibk,dc=local' '(objectclass=*)'
  result: 32 No such object

/usr/sbin/slapd:

  ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=borg-ibk,dc=local' '(objectclass=*)'
  <all entries>

Is there a mistake in the redhat startscript?
Can anybody help me?

Ladinig Rudolf

Versendet durch AonWebmail (webmail.aon.at)