Re: LDAP v2.1 schema

Bobby R. Cox wrote:

ldap, postfix and courier-imap howto - http://www.vriesman.tk/

Haven't read that.

<snip>
1.5.11 mailMessageStore
This attribute must be present, it contains the full path to the maildir
where all mail of the user is stored, make sure in ends with a ''/'',
otherwise the smtp server doesn't deliver in maildir format, e.g.
''mailMessageStore: /vmail/harry.potter/Maildir/''.
</snip>

The mailMessageStore attribute is part of qmail.schema. So if I want to
use this attribute don't I have to include the schema?

I have to be careful what I write - what works perfectly well for me might not work for you, now that you've set up your stuff to work like it does.

I use neither the mailMessageStore attribute nor qmail.schema and
everything works o.k. for me. I use the standard Openldap 2.1.x schemas.
But maybe you're using virtual domains or storage and I'm not, yet.
Maybe you need this attribute and I don't.

I am using openldap 2.1.22, Postfix 2.0.9 and Courier-IMAP 1.7.0.

So you're reasonably up to date. That's good :)

Mine are Openldap 2.1.22, Postfix 2.0.14 (snapshot) and
courier-imap-2.0.0.20030721. It's all self-compiled.

Are you saying that as long as I have postfix's main.cf configured for maildir ( which it is ) that I don't need to include this attribute which would then negate the necessity of qmail.schema.

Well, it works for me. I use Openldap's inetOrgPerson and posixAccount objectclasses for the mail attribute, since I only have local or remote (mail or mailRoutingAddress) users. I don't know the qmail.schema. It might be that it conflicts (SUP) with an Openldap schema - I don't know. With the Courier 1.7.3 tarball there is an authldap.schema for virtual domains that does not conflict with standard Openldap schemas. I've loaded it, but I don't use it. Goodness knows why Johan Vriesman uses the Qmail schema, when there's a Courier schema.

Best,

Tony