Re: Problem with access to OpenLDAP

Hi,

On Friday 30 May 2003 16:48, philippe.broussard@e-qual.fr wrote:
> I want logging me with an user : AdminContacts and not the superuser I
> have defined an ACI about him :
>
>         access to
>          dn="ou=Contacts,dc=e-qual,dc=fr"
>         by
>          dn="cn=AdminContacts,ou=Contacts,dc=e-qual,dc=fr"
>         write

You have stated which rights AdminContacts has, but you have not given
the information which rights the anonymous user has in order to get
authenticated as AdminContacts.

Try

# restrictive rights to userPassword of all objects
access to	attr=userPassword
	by	dn.exact="cn=AdminContacts,ou=Contacts,dc=e-qual,dc=fr"  write
        by	anonymous auth
        by	* none

# write access to AdminContacts below ou=Contacts,dc=e-qual,dc=fr
access to	dn.children="ou=Contacts,dc=e-qual,dc=fr"
	by	dn.exact="cn=AdminContacts,ou=Contacts,dc=e-qual,dc=fr"  write
	by	* none

Peter
--
Peter Marschall