Re: Still I am uanble to execute ldapsearch

shreedhar wrote:
Hello Christian Pohl ,

I modified slapd.conf file suffix as well as rootdn

If I execute the following command

1. [root@devserv Database]# /usr/local/bin/ldapadd  -n  -D "cn=Manager,
o=stixen.co.uk, c=uk(objectclass=organization)" -w secret

I have not got any prompt

that's correct. It's waiting for your input! you are successfully authenticatet (no error is displayed) :-) If you do not use -f <ldif-file>, then ldapadd reads from stdin.

Just type the entries you want to add in the same way you would type it in an ldif
or just use the additional -f <ldif-file> to add you entries.

And Remember 1st. the tree beginning from our root (=suffix in slapd.conf)
and at last: the leaves (your user)

Kind regards,

Chris

-- Christian Pohl »|secaron